Monday, December 08, 2008

The Session #23


It seems that change is a theme the entire world is dealing with at the moment. Hope for a better future seems also to be on the minds of many. The topic for the next edition of The Session, hosted by yours truly, will be a New Year theme. I would like to write about the yearly mix of the hope for the new rising out of the ashes of the old, as it relates to...beer. Specifically, what will you miss about 2008 (feel free to list your tasting notes, if that item is a particular beer) and what do you expect will excite you most in 2009 , in the "Beer World"?(again, if that is a beer, what about it is special and worthy of being excited about?)

As always the theme is a suggestion and is open to your interpretive manipulations. Your treatment can be a list of things, one of each, or a philosophical approach to whether or not there can be something "new" in the "Beer World". Predictions for the coming year are certainly not out of the realm of possibility, nor are elaborate treatments of the past year in beer.

The Session takes place on Friday January 2, 2009. Have fun and send your responses (or links to them) to me in an email (Brewmiker [@] charter.net)or a comment to this post.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried a new brew during my recent trip to Costa Rica: Bavaria Dark.

It's a local brew; I'm not sure why they call their company Bavaria...

Beerme said...

Brazil has a beer named Bavaria and so does Holland. Lots of Germans settled in the area...

David said...

My Session post is up at here

Steph Weber said...

Here's the link for my Session post for today: http://beerandfoodlove.blogspot.com/2009/01/session-23-2008-year-of-beer.html

GISBREWMASTER said...

Thanks for hosting. Here is my Session post.
http://aworldofbrews.blogspot.com/2009/01/session-23-miss-about-08-excited-about.html

Thanks,
GISBREWMASTER

Anonymous said...

Hello! My Session post is here.

Thanks for hosting!

Rob said...

Thanks for hosting! Here's my post.

J said...

Here's my post. Thanks for hosting.

http://www.brookstonbeerbulletin.com/session-23-the-new-year-of-beer/

Cheers,

J

TrueBrewBlog said...

The thing I will miss most about 2008 is a Fruit Lager I brewed for the holidays, made with homegrown blueberries and primed in the bottle with wildflower honey from northern Mass. The thing I look forward to the most is buying a few wooden barrels for conditioning at home and my sparkling cherry champagne mead.

Beerme said...

Wow, sounds tasty! So too, the barrels and the mead!
Make sure to get your entry in for next month's session at Musings Over a Pint, on February 6. The theme is a Tripel for Two: review a Belgian Style Tripel that you would like to share with a special someone.