made millions of contacts to the Senate.
Grassfire actions included:
- Presenting nearly 750,000 petitions to key Senate leaders
- Over one million contacts with Senators including:
- Personal visits to Senate offices
- Hundreds of thousands of phone calls - contributing to a complete overload shutdown of the Senate phone system
- Hundreds of thousands of faxes.
I see an awakening of the people occurring in this country. We don't trust what politicians tell us anymore, whether they be Democrats or Republicans. We won't get fooled again, again! Bush tried to ram this incredibly expensive (in all ways) measure down the throats of the electorate, arm-in-arm with his politico-pal, Ted Kennedy and we shoved back! There's no limit to what a fired up grassroots group can do when they want to. What's next on the agenda?